- COMMENCEMENT DATE Thursday, 01 March 1928
BILLS OF EXCHANGE ORDINANCE
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title.
Bills of Exchange Form and Interpretation
3. Bill of exchange defined.
4. Inland and foreign bills.
5. Effect where different parties to bill are the same person.
6. Address to drawee.
7. Certainty required as to payee.
8. What bills are negotiable.
9. Sum payable.
10. Bill payable on demand.
11. Bill payable at a future time.
12. Omission of date in bill payable after date, or acceptance after sight.
13. Presumption as to date of being true date.
14. Computation of time of payment.
15. Case of need.
16. Special stipulations by drawer or endorser restricting liability.
17. Definition and requisites acceptance.
18. Time for acceptance.
19. General and qualified acceptances.
20. Inchoate instruments or blank signatures.
21. Delivery to complete contract.
Capacity and Authority of Parties
22. Capacity of parties.
23. Signature essential to liability.
24. Forged or unauthorised signature.
25. Procuration signatures.
26. Persons signing as agent or in representative capacity.
The Consideration for a Bill
27. Value defined.
28. Accommodation bill or party.
29. Holder in due course.
30. Presumption of value and good faith.
|1400 Acts all updated to 22 November 2013 and available in eight hard cover volumes, on CD ROM and online.|
|Print edition and CD-ROM edition|
|Already a Subscriber