URBAN DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
(SPECIAL PROVISIONS) ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title.
2. Declaration of lands urgently required for Urban Development Projects.
3. Restriction on remedies available upon a declaration made under section 2.
4. Power of Supreme Court to issue writs.
5. Provisions relating to applications, actions, proceedings and matters pending in any court.
6. Powers of Supreme Court not to be affected by section 3.
7. Application of provisions of the State Lands (Recovery of Possession) Act.
2 of 1980.
AN ACT to provide for the declaration of lands urgently required for carrying out Urban Development Projects and to provide for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
[Date of Commencement: 14th January, 1980]
1. Short title.
This Act may be cited as the Urban Development Projects (Special Provisions) Act.
2. Declaration of lands urgently required for Urban development projects.
Where the President, upon a recommendation made by the Minister in charge of the subject of Urban Development, is of opinion that any particular land is, or lands in any area are, urgently required for the purpose of carrying out an Urban Development Project which would meet the just requirements of the general welfare of the People, the President may, by Order published in the Gazette, declare that such land is, or lands in such area as may be specified are, required for such purpose.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.