SUPPRESSION OF UNLAWFUL ACTS OF VIOLENCE AT AIRPORTS SERVING INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title.
2. Minister to certify convention countries.
3. Offences against the safety of civil aviation.
4. Jurisdiction of High Court.
6. Amendment of the Extradition Law No. 5 of 1977.
7. Existing extradition arrangement deemed to provide for offences in the Schedule.
8. Minister may treat convention as extradition arrangement between Sri Lanka and convention country is respect of offences to the Schedule.
9. Duty of Minister to notify requesting State of Measures taken against persons for whose extradition request is made.
10. Sinhala text to prevail in case of inconsistency.
31 of 1996.
AN ACT to give effect to the protocol for the Suppression of Unlawful Acts of Violence at Airports Serving International Civil Aviation, supplementary to the convention for the suppression of unlawful acts against the safety of civil aviation, signed at Montreal on September 23, 1971; and to provide for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto.
[Date of Commencement: 12th November, 1996]
1. Short title.
This Act may be cited as the Suppression of Unlawful Acts of Violence at Airports Serving International Civil Aviation Act and shall come into operation on such date as the Minister, by Order published in the Gazette certifies as the date on which the Protocol on the Suppression of Unlawful Acts of Violence at Airports Serving International Civil Aviation signed in Montreal on the twenty-fourth day of February, Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Eight enters into force in respect of Sri Lanka.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.