SANNASES AND OLD DEEDS ORDINANCE
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title.
2. Deeds bearing date on or before 1st February, 1840, to be registered within a certain time. Extension of time for producing deeds.
3. Registrar to cause exact copy to be made.
4. Monthly lists of such deeds to be made.
5. General lists thereof to be kept.
6. Process where persons claiming interest under deeds are unable to produce the same.
7. No deed, sannas, ola, or other instrument executed before 1st February, 1840, shall be received in evidence unless registered.
8. Minister may dispense with the taking of copies of deeds in any district or districts.
9. Provision of section 7 of the Ordinance will apply to such registries.
10. Deeds annexed to others not affected.
6 of 1866,
13 of 1867.
AN ORDINANCE to compel the registration of Sannases Old Deeds, and other instruments of title.
[Date of Commencement: 20th October, 1866.]
1. Short title.
This Ordinance may be cited as the Sannases and Old Deeds Ordinance.
2. Deeds bearing date on or before 1st February, 1840, to be registered within a certain time.
All persons holding or claiming title under deeds, sannases, olas, or other instruments on which title to land or other immovable property is founded, which bear date on or before the 1st day of February, 1840, are hereby required to produce the same before the Registrar of Lands for the district within which such persons shall respectively reside, on or before the 31st day of December, 1867. If such Registrar shall reside at an inconvenient distance, such deeds, sannases, olas, or other instruments may be produced before the nearest Commissioner of Requests or Magistrate, whose duty it shall be to forward the same safely and expeditiously to the Registrar of Lands for the purposes of registration under this Ordinance:
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.