INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title.
2. Appointment and powers of the Director-General.
3. Director and Deputy Directors.
4. Office and maintenance of registers.
6. Works protected.
7. Derivative works.
8. Works not protected.
9. Economic rights.
10. Moral rights.
11. Fair use.
12. Act of fair use.
13. Duration of copyright.
14. Original ownership of economic rights.
15. Presumption of authorship and of representation of the author.
16. Assignment or licence of authors rights.
[PROTECTION OF RIGHTS OF PERFORMERS, PRODUCERS
OF SOUND RECORDING AND BROADCASTING ORGANISATION]
17. Rights requiring authorisation of performers.
18. Rights of producers of sound recordings.
19. Equitable remuneration for use of sound recordings.
20. Rights of broadcasting organisation.
21. Limitations on protection.
22. Enforcement of rights and disputes resolution.
23. Measures, remedies and sanctions against abuses in respect of technical means.
24. Protection of expressions of folklore and damages.
25. Registration of society, administration of rights by societies, control over the rights and submission of report.
26. Scope of application.
27. Protection of performers.
SCOPE OF THIS PART AND DEFINITIONS
28. Conditions for protection.
29. Scope of this Part.
30. Definition of industrial design.
31. Definition of novelty.
RIGHT TO PROTECTION OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
32. Ownership and right to protection of industrial design.
33. Industrial design.
34. Industrial design created by the employee to accrue to employer.
35. Naming of creator of an industrial design.
REQUIREMENTS OF APPLICATION AND PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION OF AN INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
36. Requirements of application.
37. Right of priority.
38. Application fee.
39. Examination of application.
41. Issue of certificate of registration.
42. Register of Industrial Designs.
43. Examination of register and certified copies.
44. Publication of registered industrial designs.
DURATION OF REGISTRATION OF AN INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
45. Duration of registration.
RIGHTS OF A REGISTERED OWNER OF AN INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
47. Rights of a registered owner of an industrial design.
48. Limitation of registered owner’s rights.
ASSIGNMENT AND TRANSMISSION OF APPLICATIONS FOR REGISTRATION OF INDUSTRIAL
DESIGNS AND REGISTRATIONS OF THE SAME
49. Assignment and transmission of applications and registrations.
50. Joint ownership of applications and registration.
LICENCE CONTRACTS OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS
52. Form and record of licence contract.
53. Rights of licencee.
54. Rights of licensor.
55. Invalid clauses in licence contracts.
56. Effect of nullity of registration of licence contract.
57. Expiry, termination or invalidation of licence contract.
58. Licence contracts involving payments abroad.
RENUNCIATION AND NULLITY OF REGISTRATION OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGN
59. Renunciation of registration.
60. Nullity of registration.
61. Date and effect of nullity.
62. Definition of invention.
63. Patentable inventions.
65. Inventive step.
66. Industrial application of invention.
RIGHT TO A PATENT
67. Right to a Patent.
68. Assignment of Patent application or Patent by court in case of usurption.
69. Inventions made by an employee or pursuant to a commission.
70. Naming of inventor.
This section of the article is only available for our subscribers. Please click here to subscribe to a subscription plan to view this part of the article.